Posted on: April 8, 2021
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our finance team at
Detailed Responsibilities Include
This position includes facilitating preparation and review of all
budget and forecast processes. Prepares analysis of current or
proposed operations and provides timely and concise recommendations
to improve results and performance.
- Prepares and reviews the annual forecast/budgeting process from
initiation to Board approval for their area of responsibility.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent information; secures
- Build and maintain budget and forecast templates for use by
- Create ad hoc templates, reports, and analysis for use by
managers to evaluate their businesses, including industry
- Ability to sort/mine large sets of data from multiple data
sources (General ledger, CRM, Excel) to identify
- Prepares monthly occupancy and salary variance reports.
- Collects/organizes financial application information and inputs
into financial model.
- Reviews vendor contracts.
- Reviews and updates regulatory and government annual
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
and meet deadlines.
- Work with Accounting department to ensure accurate preparation
of monthly financial statements (facilitate A/P, analyze GL account
activity, prepare or review other supporting documentation).
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in accounting,
finance or business management; strong project orientation,
forecasting, budgeting and analytical skills; strong knowledge of
Excel; excellent communication and organizational skills.
What We Offer
Mather offers a benefits package* that goes above and beyond.
All Employees Are Eligible For
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days,
sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that
rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- 401(k) program with strong employer match and annual
contribution (Age 21 or better)
- Convenient subsidized parking or public transportation for
- Learning to Age Well Program - employees can be reimbursed up
to $130 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons,
yoga, or foreign language classes
Benefits-eligible Employees Can Take Advantage Of
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Extended illness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs, including free annual wellness
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance - 100% coverage by Mather
- Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details
dependent on employment status.
Expectations Of Mather Employees
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with
residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
Based in Evanston, Illinois, Mather is a unique, non-denominational
not-for-profit organization founded in 1941. Dedicated to
developing and implementing Ways to Age Well, we create programs,
places, and residences for today's young-at-heart older adults.
These include senior living residences (The Mather, Mather Place,
and Splendido); a variety of community-based initiatives; and
Mather Institute on Aging, a resource for research and information
about aging, trends and innovations in aging services, and
Mather values employees and is serious about supporting their
health and professional development. We've been named one of
"Chicago's Top Workplaces" by the Chicago Tribune for four years in
a row and have been recognized as Illinois' Healthiest Midsize
Mather is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When
applying, please include all work history. List your employers,
starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment.
Please do not state "Refer to resume."
Keywords: Mather, Evanston , FINANCIAL ANALYST, Accounting, Auditing , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!