Media Relations Manager
Posted on: September 20, 2022
ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with
companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer
value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy,
customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and
technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and
leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real
world. Our most valuable asset is our people-a fact that's
reflected in our values-driven organization in which new
perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are
passionately committed to helping companies and their customers
thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to
high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and
ZS's Enterprise Functions operate the firm's core internal
functions. Our global teams comprise team-oriented, pragmatic and
results-driven people who thrive in a challenging work environment.
Our people come from diverse backgrounds but share a passion for
quality customer service and dedication-whether our customer is a
client or another ZS employee.
The Marketing and Communications team helps build the ZS brand,
champion thought leadership, support business development and
inform, engage, inspire and empower past, present and future ZS
Media Relations Manager We are hiring an expert in media relations
to join our portfolio marketing team. You are a polished
professional with strong expertise in senior-level stakeholder
management. You are a proven builder, passionate about developing
and designing media relations programs that support business goals
and objectives. You have excellent storytelling and writing skills
and provide strategic and practical media support on all major
campaigns and thought leadership initiatives. You have a solid
understanding of the media and influencer landscape, and you know
how to use existing and emerging channels - print, digital,
broadcast, podcast, etc. - to reach key audiences.
Media relations responsibilities
- Develop and expand a media relations program aligned with the
firm's brand and business strategy.
- Develop and execute external communications plans for
firm-wide, practice areas, investments and industry
- Provide media plans and support for strategic and high-profile
campaigns, events and initiatives.
- Prepare subject-matter experts for interview opportunities;
provide relevant media background and talking points; coordinate
and monitor interviews.
- Help the firm respond to crises and manage activities related
to challenging societal issues.
- Draft and review media materials, including press releases,
alerts, press statements, subject-matter-expert biographies,
pitches, talking points, press kits.
- Steer social-media programs for key members of ZS Senior
Leadership Team. The goal: Ensure that our highest-profile leaders
have a distinct voice in the marketplace among clients, prospects,
communities, influencers, recruits and media.
- Collaborate with and supervise global media agency to develop
and execute programs that align with the firm's brand
- Promote ZS media coverage internally, via internal
communications channels, and externally, via social media.
- Manage "In the News" page on zs.com.
- Perform other related communications duties as assigned.
- 10+ years' media experience working in-house or within an
- Strong expertise in stakeholder management, and high aptitude
for decisively identifying high-value activities while ensuring all
stakeholders feel supported.
- Experience securing coverage with media audiences and meetings
with industry analysts.
- Excellent teaming and relationship building skills and
experience in influencing and working within a complex, matrix
- Willingness and ability to work independently or
collaboratively and to have a clear sense of escalation needs and
sense of urgency on issues or projects.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism,
communication or English.
- Ability to multitask and handle urgent interruptions with poise
- Strong interpersonal skills including appreciation and the
ability to elicit collaboration from a wide variety of sources,
including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong written and verbal communication with English
- A keen understanding of the media landscape and trends.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively.
- Exercise both 'self-drive' and teamwork to get results in
diverse, fast paced environments.
ZS is a global consulting firm. Fluency in English is required;
additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended
country of employment. An on-line application, including a full set
of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus
incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and
retirement savings benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.
Keywords: ZS, Evanston , Media Relations Manager, Advertising , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!