Product Manager - Surgical & Isolation Apparel - Textiles
Company: MEDLINE INDUSTRIES
Posted on: May 13, 2020
Job DescriptionIt is a particularly exciting time to be a
Product Manager at Medline. The healthcare landscape is changing,
and our customers are looking to us for solutions. As a Product
Manager, you are responsible for driving sales of your product
categories. You will collaborate with business units across the
organization including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Inventory
Management and Finance.
What makes product management different at Medline is your ability
to run your product line as if it were your own business. Our
leadership teams are passionate about their business and expect the
same from you. Looking for visibility? You found it! If you have an
entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for ownership and a fast
paced work environment, we've got it!
Make an impact at Medline!
We are seeking a Product Manager for the Surgical and Isolation
Apparel category in the Textiles Division located at our new
corporate headquarters in Northfield, IL.
What will you do?
- Identify and develop new products and manage each stage of the
process through take to market.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans and
promotional programs for existing products to include product
strategy development, pricing strategy, collateral creation and
- Review monthly financial performance and determine contributing
factors. Offer solutions for detrimental sales or cost trends.
Prepare product forecasts to include revenue and expense
expectations. Analyze sales trends over time and impact of
competitive strategies. Support forecasts and budgets with
appropriately detailed marketing plans.
- Work with Manufacturing, Purchasing and Engineering to reduce
Cost of Goods by assessing packaging, alternate materials, new
sources of material, stocking, make to order, direct to customer
shipments, etc. Manage inventory by focusing on eliminating surplus
and optimizing SKU count. May negotiate pricing with vendors for
raw materials and finished goods. Visit vendors to develop products
and train personnel all aspects of each product and usages.
Coordinate materials with vendors and develop finished custom
- Analyze and bid on GPO and/or Integrated Delivery Network
contracts for assigned product categories.
- Develop and deliver training materials for internal
stakeholders, sales forces and customers. Create sales
- Conduct market research and translate that research into new
products, product improvements, or line extensions by providing
leadership to a multi-functional team.
- Travel with sales force to support efforts to convert customers
to purchase Medline products. Provide timely follow up to sales
forces by answering product questions via e-mail and phone.
Why Medline? We'll let the numbers speak for us.
- 45+ years of consecutive growth (double-digit for the past
- 20+ product divisions and counting
- 350,000+ products and counting
- 15,000 employees spanning the globe
- 100+ years in the industry, we know healthcare
- Ranked number 32 on Forbes 2017 list of largest privately held
companies in the U.S.
- Conducting business in 90+ countries.
Job QualificationsWhat do you need to land the job?
- This is your business. Your passion for it will only help to
accelerate your success and opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 2 years of marketing, sales, product management or
clinical practice experience (preferably in the healthcare
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors and internal
- Experience collecting and analyzing financial data
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or
adjusting table columns)
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a
picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding
transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using
SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting
charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers
and/or print scaling)
What can you expect once you're on board?
- Medical, dental, vision & Rx plan
- 401k with company match!
- Impress friends & family with tours of our 679,000 square foot
- Indoor basketball court & fitness center open 24/7 and free to
- Subsidized cafeteria: eat healthy, spend less
- Break up the day with a quick game of ping pong or shuffle
- Collaborate to innovate! Get away from your cube and team up
with coworkers at the fireplace or at one of our many meeting
- Worried about the drive? Check out our commuter
Keywords: MEDLINE INDUSTRIES, Evanston , Product Manager - Surgical & Isolation Apparel - Textiles, Executive , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!