Company: Northwestern University
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Job Summary: The Program Director routinely interfaces with
executive corporate clients, senior university faculty, Kellogg
Executive Education staff and other Executive Education
professionals for the development and delivery of premier executive
education programs for the Kellogg School of Management. The
Program Director leads the development and delivery of custom
programs for domestic or international, small to medium sized
corporate clients, professional associations and university based
programs. Additionally, the Program Director directly supports
faculty Academic Directors or Senior Program Directors in the
design and delivery of custom programs for strategic partners, top
tier corporate clients, highly complex programs and multi-module
programs. While primarily focused on the development and delivery
of custom executive education programs, the Program Director will
provide expertise and support to open-enrollment and online
executive education programs or other executive education program
related initiatives as required. Please note: Occasional nights and
weekends. Specific Responsibilities : Program Development
- Responsible for the overall design and experience architecture
of the program; ensures the program design meets clients learning
needs and objectives.
- Interacts in a leading or supporting role with corporate,
professional association or university based clients seeking custom
executive education programs. Frequently interfaces with C-suite
executives, senior level Human Resource (HR) and Learning and
Development (L&D) executives or senior client sponsors.
- Interprets and translates client learning needs into specific
learning objectives for customized programs.
- Is highly knowledgeable of faculty expertise; collaborates with
numerous Kellogg and Northwestern University faculty to align
subject matter expertise with clients learning needs and
objectives. Provides guidance to faculty on the selection of cases
and other program related materials.
- Prepares executive guest speakers and practitioners for
teaching, speaking or participation in panels to maximize
connection with executive education program audiences.
- Collaborates with Kellogg's Business Development Team on the
development of client proposals, contractual arrangements and
- Provides faculty with company, organization and participant
profiles to help them prepare for and connect with various
executive audiences. Program Delivery
- Leads or supports overall program delivery (on or offsite);
routinely coordinates with clients, faculty and Executive Education
- Assures high visibility interaction with executive level
participants. Engages participants through daily individual
interactions and large group, front of the classroom public
speaking. Shapes participants expectations through program
overviews, daily schedules reviews, and faculty and guest speaker
introductions, learning connections and learning reflection.
- Develops high quality presentations to support program
- Collaborates with the Program Manager to ensure high quality
program delivery and world-class customer experience.
- Responsible for communication with faculty regarding the
program's audience to ensure they are aware of topics of discussion
or emergent themes.
- Provides leadership and represents Kellogg and Northwestern
University at program activities and special events, such as
off-site visits, dinners, sports outings etc with executive
education clients. Post Program
- Oversees post program After Action Reviews (AARs) and reviews
program evaluations and feedback with the client in a timely
- Shares participant feedback with the faculty in a timely
- Identifies program modifications of content, format, and
faculty to enhance future sessions.
- Interprets program evaluations and feedback, including
identifying and supporting methodologies for determining the ROI of
professional development initiatives.
- Researches and assesses external executive development
resources such as coaches, speakers, learning technologies,
assessments, and tools.
- Stays current with changes in the Executive Education
- Research's and identifies potential guest speakers, company
visits and other program resources.
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director, Executive
Education. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and
- 6-8 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in executive development or related professional
- Familiarity with business education, corporate training and
development, or the equivalent. Minimum Competencies: (Skills,
knowledge, and abilities.)
- Ability to develop educational programs
- Proven record of client relationship management.
- Analytical, problem solving skills, decision making skills,
organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills,
presentation skills, interpersonal skills, customer service skills,
ability to work independently and as a team. Preferred
- MBA or advanced degree
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action
Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities,
individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to
apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United
Keywords: Northwestern University, Evanston , Program Director, Executive , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!