Chandler Sports Camp Assistant Director
Company: The City of Evanston Parks and Recreation Departme
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Chandler Evanston, Illinois, United States Other 3035 Assist the
camp director and program coordinator in the daily running and
supervision of staff and campers at the Chandler Sports camp for
children ages 6-13 years. Supervise staff and campers, facilitate
camp activities on special event days and if needed, act as a head
counselor. Individual must be available June 14-August 13. Hours
for the position vary depending on camp needs. Possible hours
include: 7:30am-3:30pm, 10am-6pm and 8:45am-4:45pm. Half-day hours
potentially available as well. Time off will not be granted for
certain music festivals and concerts, dates TBD. Supervision Under
the direct supervision of the Sports Camp Director and Program
Coordinator Task Statements
- Assist in facilitating training for summer camp staff on camp
policies and procedures.
- Assist in planning daily schedules for camp counselors,
assisting camp counselors in identifying appropriate games and
activities for their group, explain rules and teach games to camp
counselors and campers when needed.
- Responsible for observing counselors throughout the day
ensuring safety standards are followed, making suggestions for
improvement to camp counselors, ensuring they are focused and
engaged with the campers and not sitting down on on cell phone, and
staying engaged themselves on camp activities.
- Supporting camp counselors with camper disciplinary issues as
- Supporting camp director with camp counselor disciplinary
issues as they arise.
- Assist in the evaluation of camp staff and volunteers.
- Perform regular equipment safety checks and report back to camp
- Responsible for communicating camp goals and objectives to camp
counselors, campers and parents or guardians.
- Responsible for daily communication with parents and caregivers
at pick up and drop off.
- Assists with facilitation of camp meetings as scheduled by camp
- Complete reports as needed on time.
- Reinforce sportsmanship, fair play and fun throughout the day
to both campers and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the camp dirctor or
program coordiantor. Requirements
- Chosen candidates will be required to provide proof of
licenses, certifications, and education required for this position.
Candidates will also be subject to qualifying pre-employment
processes, including medical examination, drug/alcohol screen,
employment verification, and criminal background check.
- Must be able to obtain CPR/AED certification by June 14,
- At least two summers of experience as a head counselor or
- At least one summer experience supervising volunteers or Junior
Counselors (or equivalent position.)
- At least two years cumulative experience working with children
ages 6-13 years.
- At least three years experience participating in team or club
- Pass background check
- Rewarding position with the opportunity to develop
relationships with parents and campers
- Encouraging and supportive staff who will help cultivate your
experience in the work force
- Seasonal position with half-day and full-day opportunities
- Competitive pay The City of Evanston is an equal opportunity
employer and ensures against discrimination in employment on the
basis of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, disability,
national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status,
parental status, military discharge status, source of income,
housing status, or gender identity. The City of Evanston is also
committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Any
person needing mobility or communications access assistance should
contact Human Resources at 847-448-8204 (voice) or 847-448-8052
Keywords: The City of Evanston Parks and Recreation Departme, Evanston , Chandler Sports Camp Assistant Director, Executive , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!