Company: Gearhead Outfitters
Posted on: November 18, 2021
The person who fills this position will be in the Manager
Training Program for 6 months.An individual must be able to
successfully perform the essential functions of this position with
or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Excel in providing exceptional customer service
- Motivate sales staff, set and maintain the atmosphere of the
store, and keep a "big-picture" view of the store at all time.
- Ensure that every guest in the store is helped according to our
policies and procedures
- Responsible for every guests and consequently is accounting for
the actions of every teammate
- Ensure that the store is easy and pleasant to shop, which
includes the flow of the store, and work with the product director
in merchandising the store
- Responsible for leading and managing the team daily
- Present a daily to-do list to the team at the beginning of
every day or every teammates shift that will give them a focus for
the day, and help to keep everyone on-task when they are not
working with a guest
- Motivate teammates to complete the daily store tasks, and to
also take on additional responsibilities that go above and beyond
- Ensure that all daily store tasks are completed, including but
not limited to opening and closing duties, preparing the deposit,
taking product inventory, writing and submitting fill-in orders to
the replenishment buyer
- Responsible for marking down product as determined by the
product controller and pulling product for other stores
- Ensuring that all special orders are made in a timely manner
and communicated to the customer upon arrival
- Responsible for handling any issues, including those with
guests, vendors, teammates, or any other interactions within the
- All customer warranties, including evaluations the warranty
when it is brought into the store, discussing the warranty with the
guest, and making decisions about whether the product damage is
warrantable. Be familiar with the details of each vendor's warranty
policy, and keep the warranty booklet on hand
- Oversee all teammate training, including new teammates, as well
as training all teammates on new products or new lines-these tasks
may be delegated to the assistant manager or shift leader but it is
ultimately the store manager's responsibility to make sure the
training is completed effectively and efficiently
- Oversee the hiring of new service and back room support staff
including, reviewing applications, interviewing potential
applicants, and selecting which applicants to hire. Communicate
with the Human Resources Director during hiring process.
- Enforce the Gearhead Commitment Program and make sure each
teammate functions as an asset to the company
- Document employee offenses and meet with the employee to
discuss ways to remedy inappropriate behavior/actions. Proper
documentation offenses should be sent to the HR Director.
- With the help of the support team, monitor sales histories,
forecast future sales, and set monthly sales goals for the store
- Use past and current sales trends to write a budget-hour
teammate schedule-the schedule should not exceed 10% of total sales
for the scheduled period
- Work with the marketing director and general manager to
identify new opportunities to build customer relationships in the
community and planning events
- Responsible for attending weekly manager's meetings
- Responsible for making sure the store, back room, and restrooms
are clean at all times
- May perform other related and non-related duties as assigned
and agreed upon by both parties.COMPENSATION
- ---Base salary range of $45,000-$55,000.
- Eligibility for monthly 1.5% commission bonus on personal
- Health insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match after 12 monthsQualifications And
Special Skills Required
- Five or more years of Store management experience in a retail
- Must maintain a high level of Customer service.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, manage, motivate and
communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Ability to train, coach and develop Associates at all levels.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks necessary to
accomplish goals, develop a schedule to complete tasks and execute
to achieve results.
- Available to work 45 hours a week
- Must exercise considerable independent judgement and
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIESThe
following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more
essential functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must be physically able to walk, stand, and stoop for several
hours each day.
- Must be willing and able to sit on the floor and get up without
assistance.Job Type: Full-timeJob Type: Full-timePay: $50,000.00 -
$65,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availabilitySupplemental Pay:
- Commission payEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Customer service: 4 years (Required)Work Location: One
Keywords: Gearhead Outfitters, Evanston , Store Manager, Executive , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!