Senior Import Manager
Company: Yusen Logistics
Posted on: August 3, 2022
The Senior Agent, Exports is responsible for overseeing Export
Agents I+II and managing processes that support the customer's
export needs. The position is responsible for ensuring cost
effective export operations, timely service by applying knowledge
of laws, regulations, governing agencies, procedures, audits,
programs, and practices. The Sr. Agent is the right-hand to the
Supervisor and is his/her back-up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseas all functions of the Perishable team, prioritizing
work, determining schedules, assigning daily tasks, establishing or
adjusting work procedures to meet changing demands, ensuring
optimum efficiency of all Export activities.
- Assist in daily export activities including: completing all
required export documents, making decisions on best routing and
obtaining best rates and space from carriers, reviewing customer
volumes and ensuring all transactions are processed accurately and
timely, incl. final billing.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of customers needs. Monitors
communications with assigned customers, responds promptly to
customer requirements, concerns and issues and resolves issues
related to all anomalies that interfere with the timely delivery of
the customer s product.
- Performs routine audits and closes the file , ensuring rates
charged are accurate, compliance and recordkeeping requirements are
met. Institutes corrective action and ensures errors are
- Calculate the appropriate ULD size for each shipment
(Perishables) and Dry Ice amounts needed
- Understand all Cool-chain requirements for all temperature
controlled type of cargo.
- Understanding the rules and regulations of IATA Dangerous
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED plus three to five years of Export
experience in the freight forwarding industry is required.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability
to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of
- Must have strong organizational and time management
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have prior training and experience in handling hazardous
- Must have knowledge of export administration regulations and
regulations TSA, IATA , HAZMAT
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written
requests and directions. Must have the ability to compose letters,
memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and
concisely. Be able to present one s self in a highly cooperative
and professional manner when meeting both internal and external
customers and vendors face to face.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world s preferred supply
chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge
better connections between businesses, customers and communities
through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding,
warehousing and distribution services. As a company we re dedicated
to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works
with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing
equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status,
uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender
orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Evanston , Senior Import Manager, Executive , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!