Employment Case Manager
Company: YWCA Evanston North Shore
Posted on: January 19, 2023
This position is located in Evanston, Illinois.The Employment Case
Manager contributes to making our community a place where women and
girls can thrive and achieve their dreams through finding and
sustaining employment. The Case Manager supports the individual
needs of domestic violence and workforce development program
participants seeking employment and initiates and sustains job
development through the cultivation of employer relationships. This
essential member of the Economic Advancement team contributes to
creating a warm and welcoming space for women and children, with an
ongoing commitment to providing high-quality, trauma-informed
services for clients of YWCA Evanston/North Shore.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIESCase Management Services (50%)
- Fosters effective rapport with clients enabling timely client
intakes to assess strengths, interests, employment goals, and
- Collaborates with domestic violence advocates and case managers
to incorporate input into service plans and deepen coordinated
wrap-around support for participants.
- Develops comprehensive list of community employment resources
and refers clients as needed with follow-up to ensure effective
- Conducts job development and job search activities for
positions individualized to the interests and skills of
- Assists clients with applications, resumes, interview skills,
and other activities that enhances the client's ability to gain
- Provides individualized follow-along supports to assist clients
in maintaining employment.Job Development and Outreach (20%)
- Works in collaboration with leadership to develop a
comprehensive job development plan identifying weekly contact
goals, initiating employer cold calls, and cultivating them into
sustained relationships that result in successful internship and
employment placement and prepares employers to successfully support
trauma survivors through trainings and consultation as needed.
- Submits job development reports indicating the number of
contacts and status of relationships.
- Develops and implements outreach plan that identifies,
cultivates, and maintains strategic community partnerships or
opportunities for engagement that support the needs of clients and
expands access to other critical resources.Training (15%)
- Assists in developing and delivering client-focused employment
readiness curricula aligned with current trends and best practices
responsive to the needs of trauma survivors.
- Collaborates with the domestic violence training team to
develop and implement employer trainings on how to support trauma
survivors in the workplace. Implements outreach plan, including
regularly providing trainings and tabling on relevant topics.
- Collaborates with financial empowerment program to include
employment resources through our financial education
trainings.Record Keeping and Documentation: (10%)
- Completes online client intake forms in a timely and thorough
manner and submits case management notes on a regular basis.
- Supports the implementation of the program evaluation plan by
collecting data from clients and entering data into proper
- Provides data for funding applications and reports as
requested.ADDITIONAL DUTIES (5%)
- Attends required meetings, trainings, and participates in
- Pursues professional development.
- Understands and adheres to all YWCA Evanston/North Shore
procedures and policies as well as YWCA Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.An individual
in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential
duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this position.The above list reflects the
general details necessary to describe the principle and essential
functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only
duties that may be assigned for the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation: High school diploma or
GEDExperience and/or Training
- At least one year of experience in case management or workforce
development programming serving culturally and socioeconomically
- Experience working with survivors of
- Valid Driver's License, proof of insurance
- Completion of the Illinois 40-Hour Domestic Violence Training
Certificate within 3 months of employment
- YWCA requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination to Human Resources unless
a request for a medical or religious accommodation is granted
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Access to personal automobile to conduct company
businessPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSEducation: Bachelor of Arts in
counseling, social work, or other related fieldsExperience and/or
- At least 2-3 years' experience working with domestic violence
- At least 2-3 years' experience providing employment support
services for an increasing caseload of clients.
- At least 2-3 years' experience initiating and sustaining
relationships with employers with demonstrated results in job
placement and job retention.
- Experience developing and implementing trainings for employers
on effectively supporting trauma survivors in the workplace.
- Experience developing and implementing trainings on job
readiness for clients.
- Experience working with trauma survivors.Language: Proficient
in conversational SpanishLicenses/Certificates:
- 40-Hour Illinois Domestic Violence Training
- ICDVP CertificationTechnology/Equipment:
- Intermediate proficiency with virtual services technology
- Intermediate proficiency with case management softwarePHYSICAL
AND MENTAL DEMANDS:Intermittent (less than 15%), Occasional
(15-45%), Frequent (50-75%), and Continuous (over 75%).]
- Intermittent nights and/or weekends required for events or
- Frequent local and intermittent statewide travel required
- Tolerance of prolonged and continuous stationary periods at a
- Occasionally required to push, pull, lift and/or move up to 10
- Must be able to move about the facility
- Must be able to operate controls for computers and other
equipmentThe mental and physical requirements described here are
representative of those that must be met by an individual to
successfully perform the essential functions of this
- Employee may be required to share office space or work in an
open office cubicle.
- Employee might have frequent meetings or trainings in off-site
- Employee may be required to work in office or from home.The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an individual encounters while performing the essential
functions of this position.*Note: YWCA is committed to pay range
transparency. Candidates are offered compensation based on how
their qualifications meet those of the
Keywords: YWCA Evanston North Shore, Evanston , Employment Case Manager, Executive , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!