Company: Alden Estates of Evanston
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Alden Estates of Evanston - JOB SUMMARY
- Assisting the Director of Nursing Services in the planning,
organizing developing and directing of the day-to-day functions of
the Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state,
and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and facility
policies. The objective is to ensure the highest degree of quality
care is maintained at all times.
- Must possess current CPR Certificate or become certified within
two weeks of employment.
- Demonstrate interest and/or knowledge in the therapy,
rehabilitation, restorative, ADL, splint, and ROM program.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers,
family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness
to work harmoniously with personnel.
- Must be personable, enthusiastic, and resourceful.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with customers,
family members, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled,
elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move equipment, supplies,
and customers in excess of fifty (50) pounds throughout the
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including exposure to the (HIV) AIDS and
Hepatitis B viruses.
Review the departments Policy & Procedure Manual, Job Descriptions,
cleaning schedules, etc., at least annually for revisions and make
recommendations to the Director of Nursing.
- Ensure all Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden follow established
departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate dress
- Assist in developing a written plan of care for each customer
that identifies the problems/needs of the customer.
- Attends and actively participates in customer care plan
conference when indicated.
- Attend Customer and or Family Council meetings when
- Report all concerns, complaints made by the customer or their
family to the Administrator.
- Meet the Ladies and Gentlemen of the nursing department, on a
regularly scheduled basis to assist in identifying and correcting
problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.
- Recruit, interview, and select the Ladies and Gentlemen of
Alden with the approval of the Director of Nursing.
- Assist Director of Nursing in scheduling department work hours,
personnel, work assignments, etc., to expedite work. Ensure a
sufficient number of Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden are available to
meet the needs of our customers.
- Counsel/discipline Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden as requested
or as necessary.
- Complete performance evaluations timely.
- Make daily rounds to ensure that nursing personnel are
performing required duties, and to ensure appropriate procedures
are being followed. Make physical rounds of all customers daily.
Make rounds with physicians as necessary.
- Maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and
positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
- Plan, conduct and participate in In-service Education
- Assist in implementing and maintaining an effective orientation
program that orients the new Ladies and Gentlemen of Alden to the
facility, his/her department, and its policies.
- Attend and participate in continuing education
- Recommend to the Director of Nursing the equipment and supply
needs of the department. Place orders for equipment and supplies as
necessary following established budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain budgetary restraints by following established
procedures for preparing purchase orders for review by the Director
of Nursing and Administrator prior to placing orders.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services
with other customer services to ensure the continuity of the
customers--- total regimen of care.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing forms,
reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as
- Monitor absenteeism to ensure that an adequate number of
nursing care personnel are on duty at all times. Report problem
areas to the Director.
- Assist and maintain general organization of nursing
- Provide the Director of Nursing with information relative to
the nursing needs of the customers and the nursing service
department's ability to meet these needs.
- Assist with arranging appointments and transportation as
- Assist support services in developing, implementing, and
conducting in-service training programs that relate to the nursing
- Ensure that all personnel involved in providing care to the
customer is aware of the care plan and that care plans are used in
administering daily care to the customer.
- Attend Department head meetings, Infection Control meetings,
Quality Improvement meetings, etc., as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Estates of Evanston, Evanston , Unit Manager, Executive , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!