Equity Institute Assistant Director
Company: YWCA Evanston North Shore
Posted on: January 25, 2023
About YWCA Equity InstituteYWCA Evanston/North Shore works to
eliminate racism and empower women. YWCA is one of the oldest
international social justice organizations working to support
women, their children, and their communities. YWCA Evanston/North
Shore's Equity Institute is dedicated to promoting racial equity at
all levels and engages with individuals, community groups, and
organizations through consulting, training and education, community
engagement programs, racial equity resources, and annual events.
For-profit DEI work has become an expensive and inaccessible
proposition for many, and we are committed to keeping it accessible
to the broadest audience possible.
We seek a mission-driven, passionate, innovative thinker with a
strong grounding in anti-racist training and education who can join
our growing team to propel the work forward and deeper. YWCA
Evanston/North Shore offers a flexible work culture, competitive
benefits, including an employer-funded pension, 16 PTO days in the
first year of employment, and a community of individuals committed
to creating a more just world.
Position SummaryThe Equity Institute Assistant Director plays a
leadership role in implementing the Equity Institute's mission to
dismantle racism by coordinating consulting services and developing
programs that work at the individual, organizational, community,
and systems change levels. The Assistant Director works with
prospective consulting clients to assess readiness, scope work,
develop proposals, and manage the delivery of contractual services;
collaborates with team members to develop, launch, and evaluate
racial equity curricula, workshops, and trainings; and develops and
tracks Equity Institute goals, milestones, and outcomes.
The Assistant Director represents the organization within a diverse
community audience, partnering in a manner that positions the
organization as a regional leader on equity training and
consultation and is responsible for supporting the development and
implementation of department strategies, coordination of daily
activities, and contributes recommendations to agency policies,
department priorities, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIESBusiness Services (50%)
- Responds to RFPs and leads discussions with prospective
consulting clients on services provided and assesses initial needs,
readiness, and scope of work with prospective clients, with support
from Equity Institute Coordinator, and develops proposals.
- Leads client onboarding processes, including creating and
updating onboarding modules and facilitation of start-up
- Monitors administrative support for all client contracts.
- Manages all external contractor scheduling and contracts.
- Collects data to inform ongoing equity consulting design and
- Ensures the implementation of comprehensive program evaluation
to inform outcomes and recommendations.
- Manages client tracking and financial management processes in
partnership with the Finance department.Curriculum Development and
- Tracks trends in the DEI and anti-racist training space to
ensure YWCA training offerings align with best practices and new
developments in the anti-racist practitioner field.
- Collaborates with the team to identify new training content for
development and opportunities to enhance or refine existing
- Develops tools and resources to complement racial equity
training curricula and other racial and gender equity
- Facilitates standardized and customized racial equity workshops
and trainings for public and consulting clients.
- With the support of the Equity Institute Coordinator, ensures
implementation of efficient protocols to support set up,
registration, marketing, and delivery of all trainings.
- Collaborates with YWCA staff to support internal equity
initiatives with an emphasis on developing and delivering racial
equity trainings that advance a more equitable workplace
- Supports volunteer and facilitator recruitment and
training.Marketing and Outreach (15%)
- Sustains community partnerships and represents YWCA at
coalitions, community meetings, and networking tables to ensure
YWCA is identified as a visible and substantive leader on issues of
racial and gender equity training and organizational
- Fosters positive relationships with a diverse community of
residents, community and civic leaders, volunteers, and
- Writes educational and outreach content for newsletters,
websites, and/or social media as needed.
- Collaborates with the marketing and communications team in the
development of Equity Institute marketing strategies.ADDITIONAL
- Attends staff trainings and participates in agency
- Pursues professional development
- Understands and adheres to all YWCA Evanston/North Shore
procedures and policies as well as YWCA Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.An individual
in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential
duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this position.The above list reflects the
general details necessary to describe the principle and essential
functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only
duties that may be assigned for the position.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation: High School Diploma or
GEDExperience and/or Training:
- At least four years of client services or project management
- At least four years of developing equity-focused training
curricula that helps learners explore issues at the individual,
organizational, community, and systems level
- At least four years facilitating learning opportunities with
diverse populations on issues of equity
- Intermediate proficiency in written and verbal
- Experience with meeting and/or event
coordinationLicense/Certification: Valid driver's
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Teams
- Intermediate proficiency in Zoom PREFERRED
QUALIFICATIONSEducation: Advanced degree with a focus on issues of
social justice and systems change.License/Certification: Valid
driver's license and proof of auto insuranceExperience and/or
- At least six years of client services or project management
- At least three years' experience assessing readiness of
prospective consulting clients and developing proposals
- At least six years of experience developing equity-focused
training curricula for diverse audiences of adult learners
- Experience working on equity-focused systems change
- Experience developing equity-focused marketing content for
social media or other forms of marketingLanguages: Fluency in
Spanish.Technology/Equipment: Access to reliable personal auto for
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDSIntermittent (less than 15%), Occasional
(15-45%), Frequent (50-75%), and Continuous (over 75%).
- Frequent nights and/or weekends required for events or
- Frequent local and intermittent statewide travel required to
- Tolerance of prolonged and continuous stationary periods at a
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, climb stairs, reach with
hands and arms, and reach above shoulders
- Occasionally required to push, pull, lift and/or move up to 10
- Must be able to move about the facility
- Must be able to operate controls for computers and other
equipmentThe mental and physical requirements described here are
representative of those that must be met by an individual to
successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Employee may be required to share office space
- Employee may be required to work from home
- Employee will frequently have meetings or work in other
buildingsThe work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an individual encounters while performing
the essential functions of this position.
*Note: YWCA is committed to pay range transparency. Candidates are
offered compensation based on how their qualifications meet those
of the position.
Keywords: YWCA Evanston North Shore, Evanston , Equity Institute Assistant Director, Executive , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!