Domestic Violence Case Manager
Company: YWCA Evanston North Shore
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:This position is located in Evanston, Illinois.The
Domestic Violence Case Manager plays a key role in the delivery of
case management services to residential and community-based clients
of the domestic violence programs of YWCA Evanston/North Shore.
This position is responsible for effectively assessing the needs of
participants, developing and maintaining accurate resource lists,
providing resources to participants and assisting them in
navigating institutional systems, and advocating for the needs of
participants with the program and with community resource partners.
This position will also engage with the community to maintain
current information and trends, advocate for the interests of
survivors, and cultivate connections with relevant community
stakeholders. This position contributes to creating a warm and
welcoming space for survivors and their children and demonstrates
an ongoing commitment to the delivery of high-quality,
trauma-informed services for clients of YWCA Evanston/North
Shore.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIESCase Management
- As part of a team of wrap-around support, collaborates with
domestic violence counselors in the assessment of comprehensive
case management needs of program participants to deepen support and
- Fosters supportive, trauma-informed relationships with
participants to support the development of client-centered services
plans resulting in appropriate resource referrals.
- Meets regularly with participants, accompanies participants to
appointments and assists them in navigating systems, completing
applications and documentation for entry into different programs,
and tracks referral utilization and outcomes.
- Advocates with referred services providers on behalf of clients
in the program.
- Administers an evaluation process to clients.
- Attends and contributes to weekly case review and meets with
counselors regularly to coordinate and support effective case
- Regularly updates and expands service referral directory.
- Facilitates informational groups for survivors of domestic
violence.Community Outreach (15%)
- Identifies, cultivates, and maintains strategic community
partnerships, including, but not limited to nonprofits, government
entities, faith institutions, and local coalitions that could
contribute to and enrich services and advocates within those
organizations for the benefit of our clients.
- Attends regular stakeholder meetings to stay informed of
community resources and advocate for the interests of survivors of
- Supports organizational outreach through attending key events
and tabling and sharing information about the YWCA.
- Participates as a trainer in delivering domestic violence
trainings including but not limited to the state-required 40-hour
domestic violence training program and other community-based
training on domestic violence.Record Keeping and Documentation:
- Completes and submits in a timely fashion all necessary
reporting documentation, including written narratives on all
interactions with clients.
- Oversees completion of intake and ongoing paperwork for
- Submits monthly activity reports in a timely fashion.
- Reports on goals and objectives identified in government grants
and foundations as appropriate.ADDITIONAL DUTIES (5%)
- As available, provides coverage for the 24-hour crisis line and
staffs the office of Mary Lou's Place, carrying out all operations
in accordance with protocol.
- Attends staff trainings and participates in agency
- Pursues professional development
- Understands and adheres to all of YWCA Evanston/North Shore
procedures and policies as well as YWCA Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.An individual
in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential
duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this position.The above list reflects the
general details necessary to describe the principle and essential
functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only
duties that may be assigned for the position.Requirements:MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONSEducation: High School Degree or GEDExperience and/or
- 1 year of experience in a social service setting working
directly with clients.
- Experience working with survivors of
- Valid driver's license
- Successful completion of the Illinois 40-Hour Domestic Violence
Certificate within 90 days of hire
- First Aid/CPR within 6 months of employment
- YWCA requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination to Human Resources unless
a request for a medical or religious accommodation is
grantedTechnology/Equipment: Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft
Office SuitePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSEducation: Bachelor of Arts in
Counseling, Social Work, or other related fieldsExperience and/or
- 2-3 years of experience working with domestic violence
- 2-3 years of experience providing case management services,
including needs assessment, developing service plans, providing and
tracking referrals, assisting participants in accessing services as
needed, and keeping required documentation.
- 2-3 years of experience actively cultivating partner
relationships that expand access to supportive services for
- 2-3 years of experience engaging in outreach, public education,
and awareness efforts around domestic violence.Language: Fluent in
- 40-Hour Illinois Domestic Violence Training
- ICDVP CertificationTechnology/Equipment:
- Intermediate proficiency with virtual services technology
- Intermediate proficiency with online case management systems
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDSIntermittent (less than 15%), Occasional
(15-45%), Frequent (50-75%), and Continuous (over 75%).
- Intermittent nights and/or weekends required for events or
- Occasional transport of clients in agency-owned vehicle or
- Frequent local and intermittent statewide travel required
- Tolerance of prolonged and continuous stationary periods at a
- Occasionally required to push, pull, lift and/or move up to 10
- Must be able to move about the facility
- Must be able to operate controls for computers and other
equipmentThe mental and physical requirements described here are
representative of those that must be met by an individual to
successfully perform the essential functions of this
- Employee may be required to share office space or work in an
open office cubicle.
- Employee might have frequent meetings or trainings in off-site
- Employee may be required to work in office or from home.The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an individual encounters while performing the essential
functions of this position.*Note: YWCA is committed to pay range
transparency. Candidates are offered compensation based on how
their qualifications meet those of the position.PI201386504
Keywords: YWCA Evanston North Shore, Evanston , Domestic Violence Case Manager, Executive , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!