System Director, Corporate Reputation
Company: NorthShore University HealthSystem
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Description - System Director, Corporate Reputation (86018)
Job Description Who We Are We are a newly aligned organization,
bringing together the best of NorthShore University Health System
and Edward-Elmhurst Health, with 9 hospitals, 25,000 team members
and 6,000 physicians serving an area of over a million patients
from over 300 sites of care across the Chicagoland area. Together,
we share a common vision to provide vibrant, community-connected
care with a focus on community connection, expert care close to
home, and the value of people.
- We are investing in our communities to support closing health
equity gaps and assuring convenient access to healthcare.
- We have regional centers of care that provide exemplary patient
experiences and are always working to develop innovative care
- We are committing to being the best place to work, learn,
practice, and receive care Job Summary As Director, System
Corporate Reputation, at NorthShore Edward Elmhurst Health, you
will be responsible for overseeing system-wide communications
strategy design and execution to help enhance and protect our
reputation, advance thought leadership and demonstrate to various
stakeholders how we are delivering on our mission, vision and
values. You will be well-versed in current healthcare industry,
community and cultural news and trends, maintain strong
relationships with media and stakeholders at the local and national
levels and develop results-driven communication strategies with a
proactive, solution-oriented mindset. Always with an ear to the
ground and an eye toward what's possible, the director of corporate
reputation serves as a versatile communications expert and a
trusted advisor, spokesperson, advocate and storyteller. Essential
- Leads proactive and reactive issues and crisis communications
strategies including: developing/updating playbooks, messaging,
training, identifying risks and opportunities and proactively
following news and trends.
- Manages emergency situations via traditional media and social
media to ensure that the public and customers receive important and
crucial information at the right time.
- Maintains a strong grasp of operational and facility-specific
- Manages sensitive issues to maintain organization's good
- Conducts trainings and tabletop exercises as necessary.
- Proactively updates the organization on relevant news and
trends and makes proactive recommendations as applicable to our
mission and operations.
- Plans or directs the development of measurable, innovative
strategies to maintain favorable public and stockholder views of
the organization's agenda and accomplishments, including:
- Leading development and execution of enterprise-wide thought
leadership strategy, including proactive national and local
speaking and awards opportunities, media, social media and
preparation and amplification of associated communications.
- Continuously maintaining a strong sense of industry and
communications trends, news and best practices to help inform
strategy and spark curiosity and fresh thinking.
- Lead development and review of key written communications on
behalf of the organization and its executives, including press
releases, messaging/talking points, speeches, bylines, Q&As,
blogs, website content, social media posts that reinforce key
messages and objectives.
- Working collaboratively with partners in Community Relations,
Government Relations and other Public Affairs functions, as well as
leadership, to develop strategies and materials that demonstrate
the organization's economic value to our communities, support
community relationship building, consistent messaging,
storytelling/pitching, events/activations and advancing the
- Serves as an external communications lead and key spokesperson,
overseeing media relations and playing a significant role in
driving external storytelling. This includes regularly having feet
on ground interacting with leaders, team members, patients,
external partners, media and community members to capture stories,
content and feedback and proactively identifying
- Oversees development and implementation of reputation
measurement framework, working closely with Strategy and Marketing
- Works synergistically with Director of Public Relations and
others across the Marketing department to deliver innovative,
integrated strategies aligned to growth and reputation.
- As needed, supports development of internal communications,
where needed, related to leadership, events/meetings and
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with media and
- Serve as a strong leader for direct reports, as well as within
the Marketing and broader organization, providing council,
development opportunities, clear vision and inspiration to help the
team be at their best. Education, Experience & Licensure Level of
- -Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications,
marketing, or hospital administration. - Level of Education
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Relations,
Communications, Marketing or Hospital Administration preferred. -
Minimum Length and Nature of Experience Preferred:
- Eight (8) years of experience in the public relations or
- Six (6) years of experience in marketing, preferably in a
health care setting. Five (5) years of leadership experience. Three
(3) or more years leading a crisis/issues communication team.
Understanding of the local, state and national public affairs and
political landscape and issues impacting health care in our
communities. Special Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering on
innovative, synergistic data- and strategy-driven corporate
reputation, thought leadership and communications strategies,
inclusive of clear objectives, strategies, tactics and
- Skilled in crisis and issues management, including quickly
gathering and synthesizing information for executive audiences,
developing clear recommendations and follow through.
- Media relations expert who has deep experience serving as a
spokesperson (especially during issues/crises), strong
relationships with key local and national print, broadcast and
online media and thought leadership organizations, as well as
experience leading media trainings and a strong pulse on current
events and trends.
- Strong understanding of external communications channels,
including new and digital media and how to deploy as part of a
broader Marketing mix.
- Enthusiastic storyteller with insatiable curiosity and ability
to inspire and inform across multiple channels and mediums.
- Strong project management skills, including cross-functional
collaboration and tight adherence to budgets and timelines.
- Strong understanding of media measurement, reputation and ESG
reporting frameworks and technology.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills across a
variety of formats and ability to capture executive voice.
- Understanding of healthcare financial acumen, as well as key
healthcare issues, trends and grasp of Public Affairs space,
including legislative and community issues.
- Strong understanding of and interest in social media tools,
trends and measurement.
- Advanced in knowledge and use of Microsoft Power Point and
- Strong executive presence.
- Proven team and agency management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through change.
- Strong presence of mind, good judgment, problem solving and
- Flexibility with the ability to balance multiple tasks in a
fast-paced environment and make decisions under tight
Keywords: NorthShore University HealthSystem, Evanston , System Director, Corporate Reputation, Executive , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...