Nurse Practitioner - Immediate Care
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- Position: Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Location: Immediate Care Centers
- Full Time/Part Time: Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Hours: Monday - Friday: 9am-7pm; Saturday - Sunday:
- Required Travel: Travel to multiple locations will be
- We offer a comprehensive 12-week orientation program that
consists of didactic teaching, SIM lab and hand-on training at
various Immediate Care sites led by the Emergency Medicine and
Family Medicine physicians.
What you will need:
- License: Advanced Practice Licensure (APN) in the State of IL;
Physician Assistant License (PA) in the state of IL required;
Federal DEA and Illinois Controlled
- Education: Graduation from an accredited APN masters (MSN) or
doctorate of nursing (DNP) Program with a Family Nurse Practitioner
program of study; or Graduate of an ARC-PA accredited Physician
- Certification: BLS/CPR certification required; FNP
certification required for APN's
- Experience: Prior APN/PA experience preferred; procedural
What you will do:
- Provide comprehensive health assessments, differential
diagnosis, and prescribe treatments under the protocol in the
direct management of acute and chronic illness and disease
- Promote wellness and prevent illness and injury in various
settings for individuals, families, and communities
- Work autonomously and in interdisciplinary teams as resources
- Positively contributing to safety outcomes and promoting high
quality patient experience
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is an integrated
healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching
Hospital in the U.S. The NorthShore system, headquartered in
Evanston, Ill., includes six award-winning hospitals - Evanston,
Glenbrook, Highland Park, Northwest Community Skokie, and Swedish.
NorthShore comprises three exemplary physician networks, totaling
more than 4,250 doctors across immediate, primary, specialty and
complex care; and 170+ office locations and 35+ immediate care
centers. NorthShore has an established reputation with more than
17,000 team members system-wide.
NorthShore is committed to excellence in its academic mission and
supports teaching and research as the principal teaching affiliate
of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine.
NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to receive
Magnet - designation-the highest, most prestigious honor that
demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient
care. The system earned Magnet re-designation in 2019. When you
work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that
encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their
At NorthShore University HealthSystem, diversity, equity and
inclusion are at the core of our mission to support our team
members and patients - irrespective of race, ethnicity, age,
gender, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. We believe that
by recognizing and embracing our differences we create an
organization that welcomes all to contribute and grow.
We invite all candidates to our team, as we continue to build on
the incredible value our diverse talent brings to our organization,
our community and our patients.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better
understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and
improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic
excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the
main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender
Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal
Keywords: Northshore, Evanston , Nurse Practitioner - Immediate Care, Healthcare , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!