Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: Alden Estates of Evanston
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Alden Estates of Evanston - JOB SUMMARY:
- Provides residents with daily nursing care in accordance with
current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and
regulations, facility policies and as may be directed by the Charge
Nurse, Supervisor, Assistant Director of Nursing, Director of
Nursing or Administrator to ensure that the highest degree of
quality care is maintained at all times.
- Successful completion of a nursing arts course in an accredited
nurse training program as evidenced by a diploma, certificate, or
other written verification from the school and successful
completion of the Department approved nursing assistant competency
evaluation or successful completion of a United States military
training program that includes the content of the Basic Nursing
Assistant Training Program
- Be at least 16 years of age, of temperate habits and good moral
character, honest, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Provide evidence of employment or occupation, if any, and
residence for two years prior to initial employment as a nursing
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must possess current CPR certificate or become certified within
two weeks of employment.
- Demonstrates interest and/or knowledge in caring for the ill,
disabled, and elderly. Must be able to deal tactfully with
customers, family members, visitors, personnel etc.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously
with other personnel.
- Must be personable, enthusiastic, and personable.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements
of the position can be
- fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
visitors, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, young,
emotionally upset, and at times hostile people.
- May be required to lift, push, pull, and move equipment,
supplies, etc., in excess of fifty (50) pounds throughout the
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc. including exposure to the (HIV) Aids and Hepatitis
- Ensure that all nursing procedures and protocols are followed
in accordance with established policies, including dress
- Provides assistance with activities of daily living to a
specific number of residents and/or as directed by the staff
- Assists in developing a written plan of care for each customer
that identifies the problems/needs of the customer.
- Attends and actively participates in resident care plan
conference, and Resident Council and/or Family Council when
- Reports all concerns, complaints made by the customer or their
family to the Administrator.
- Makes rounds to assure customers are safe and
- Maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and
positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
- Participates in In-service Education Programs.
- Assists in implementing and maintaining an effective
orientation program that orients the new Ladies and Gentlemen of
Alden to the facility, his/her department, and its policies and
- Recommends to the Director of Nursing the equipment and supply
needs of the department.
- Inventories and stores the new customer's personal
- Assists customers with packing personal possessions when they
are transferred to a new room or when being discharged.
- Participates in and receives the nursing report upon reporting
- Maintains intake and output records as instructed. Checks and
reports bowel movements and character of stools.
- Makes occupied and unoccupied beds, changes bed linens, and
straightens rooms, closet, and drawers. Notifies housekeeping if
mattress in need of cleaning or replacement.
- Answers call lights promptly, answer telephone calls as needed
and run errands as requested.
- Obtains blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration,
heights, and weights as needed.
- Does complete check of skin condition when dressing,
undressing, turning/repositioning, etc. Reports any skin
abnormalities to the Staff Nurse.
- Observes customer's physical condition, attitude, reactions,
appetite, etc., and reports any changes and/or unusual findings to
the Nurse/RCC so care plan can be updated.
- Performs personal services for customer's (i.e., reading,
writing letters, etc.) as time allows.
- Encourages customers to help themselves and promotes self-care
in aiding rehabilitation.
- Assists with care of dying and expired customers.
- Records resident food/fluid intake. Completes meal monitor form
as indicated. Reports changes in resident's eating habits to the
- Keeps customers water pitchers clean and filled with fresh
water on each shift unless contraindicated.
- Serves between meals and bedtime snacks.
- Wears transfer belt at all times and utilizes as
- Keeps the nurses' call system within easy reach of the
- Reports all hazardous equipment and conditions to the Staff
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and
implementation of the facility's Quality Assurance program for the
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Estates of Evanston, Evanston , Certified Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...