CRNA - Anesthesia
Company: Evanston Hospital
Posted on: May 23, 2023
* Position: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), Department of Anesthesiology
* Location: NorthShore University HealthSystem
* Full Time/Part Time: Full Time, 40 hours per week
* Hours: Monday through Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.; some off-shifts may be required
* Required Travel: Limited Travel between NorthShore Pavilions, including Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park, Skokie, and Swedish Hospitals.
Our ideal candidate will have:
* Advanced Practicing Nurse License in the state of Illinois. Graduate of approved School of Nurse Anesthesia
* Certified or Board eligible for certification as CRNA
* Maintains re-certification every two years
* IL controlled substance and DEA license required
* BLS for Healthcare Provider and ACLS required
* PALS certification recommended
* CRNA's at NorthShore are part of the medical group and function in a collaborative Anesthesia Care Team (ACT). NorthShore CRNA's have an extremely high level of job satisfaction and retention. The work environment and culture for NorthShore CRNA's supports building strong clinical skills, fosters mentorship and inclusion and encourages leadership opportunities.
* CRNAs carry out clinical assignments under the direction of the chief of the Department of Anesthesiology, and under the specific direction/supervision of the designated attending anesthesiologist. The extent of the service provided by the CRNA is at the discretion of the attending anesthesiologist. Patient care includes patients of all ages; neonates through geriatrics. Delivery of care requires appropriate knowledge and skills to assess each age group, interpret age specific data along with skills to appropriately treat (i.e. medications, set-ups, equipment, etc.) every age-specific patient.
The scope of practice of the CRNA's at NorthShore is unlimited. Patient care focuses on all ages, neonate through geriatrics. Case variety is diverse including Neuro, Cardiac, Gen Surg, Thoracic, Urology, Plastics, Ortho, OB, Optho and multiple off site locations including IR, Cath Lab, GI and MRI. CRNAs have the opportunity to be a member on the heart team functioning as a key provider of anesthesia for a variety of specialty cardiac procedure such as CABG, TAVR, ECMO and LVADs. CRNAs also have the opportunity to function as clinical instructors for SRNAs. CRNA's perform regional anesthesia including Spinals and PNB's.
NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health is a fully integrated healthcare delivery system committed to providing access to quality, vibrant, community-connected care, serving an area of more than 4.2 million residents across six northeast Illinois counties. Our more than 25,000 team members and more than 6,000 physicians aim to deliver transformative patient experiences and expert care close to home across more than 300 ambulatory locations and eight acute care hospitals - Edward (Naperville), Elmhurst, Evanston, Glenbrook (Glenview), Highland Park, Northwest Community (Arlington Heights) Skokie and Swedish (Chicago) - all recognized as Magnet hospitals for nursing excellence. Located in Naperville, Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, provides for the mental health needs of area residents. For more information, visit NorthShore.org, SwedishCovenant.org, NCH.org and EEHealth.org.
When you work for NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health delivers on its mission to "help everyone in our communities be their best".
NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
Keywords: Evanston Hospital, Evanston , CRNA - Anesthesia, Healthcare , Evanston, Illinois
here to apply!