Medical Director, Employee/Occupational Health Services
Company: Northwest Community Healthcare
Posted on: May 27, 2023
The Medical Director for Employee Health Services will provide
strategic leadership and clinical oversight of the Employee Health
Services function at legacy NorthShore and Swedish Hospital. The
Medical Director will partner with the Assistant Vice President of
Employee Health to promote high quality, financially viable, and
service-oriented programs that advance the health, safety, and
wellbeing of the NorthShore workforce. Position Highlights:
- Position: Medical Director, Employee Health Services
- Location: Evanston, Glenbrook, Skokie. Highland Park and
- Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
- Hours: Hours will be scheduled based on the need of the
- Required Travel: Travel to other sites may be required What you
- Education: Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine with
advanced training in occupational medicine and/or public health. A
current Illinois medical license, or immediate eligibility, Member
in good standing of hospital s medical staff
- Certification: Board certified in Occupational and
Environmental Medicine, will need Basic Life Support (BLS), Federal
DEA and Certification as a DOT medical examiner
- Experience: 5 years of proven success in leading occupational
health programs across a highly matrixed organization. Skills:
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the
needs of the audience.
- Has a high level of interpersonal skills necessary to
communicate effectively with a wide range of team members, staff
and other medical professionals.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
comfortable interfacing with senior leaders.
- Exceptional management, supervisory and administrative skills
and abilities. What you will do:
- Provides direct patient care services in the area of
Occupational Medicine. Oversees the patient's diagnosis, treatment,
and prevention of occupational illnesses and/or injury.
- Coordinates care of patient with other specialists, to ensure
continuity and efficient care.
- Reviews medical exemption requests from team members, partners
with medical committee of final disposition status of team
- Determines medical standards for Employee Health program and
partners with other clinical leaders on clinical integration and
alignment of clinical activities across the system.
- Establishes medical surveillance protocols, including
evaluation and tracking of work related exposures and
- Partners with AVP & Manager on the development and
implementation of occupational health service-offerings for
- Evaluate team member s response to learning and need for
- Inform team members about daily care, ordered tests and
procedures, discharge instructions, and any delays or changes.
- Has a current and working knowledge of OSHA regulations; toxic
exposure protocols; workers compensation rules, regulations, and
patent management; Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and
alcohol screening rules and regulations.
- Partners with Employee Health leadership in the areas of
strategic planning, clinical operations, annual budgets, program
development, cost reduction, policies, and conflict resolution.
NorthShore Edward-Elmhurst Health is a fully integrated healthcare
delivery system committed to providing access to quality, vibrant,
community-connected care, serving an area of more than 4.2 million
residents across six northeast Illinois counties. Our more than
25,000 team members and more than 6,000 physicians aim to deliver
transformative patient experiences and expert care close to home
across more than 300 ambulatory locations and eight acute care
hospitals Edward (Naperville), Elmhurst, Evanston, Glenbrook
(Glenview), Highland Park, Northwest Community (Arlington Heights)
Skokie and Swedish (Chicago) all recognized as Magnet hospitals for
nursing excellence. Located in Naperville, Linden Oaks Behavioral
Health, provides for the mental health needs of area residents. For
more information, visit NorthShore.org , SwedishCovenant.org ,
NCH.org and EEHealth.org . When you work for NorthShore
Edward-Elmhurst Health, you will be part of an organization that
encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their
professional potential. Please explore our website ( ) to better
understand how NorthShore Edward-Elmhurst Health delivers on its
mission to help everyone in our communities be their best .
NorthShore Edward-Elmhurst Health is committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with
disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more
information. Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the core of who
we are; being there for our patients and each other with
compassion, respect and empathy. We believe that our strength
resides in our differences and in connecting our best to provide
community-connected healthcare for all. EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual
Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National
Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Keywords: Northwest Community Healthcare, Evanston , Medical Director, Employee/Occupational Health Services, Healthcare , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...