Nurse Navigator, Breast, Kellogg Cancer Center/ Surgical Oncology - Nurse Navigator
Company: Evanston Hospital
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Nurse Navigator, Breast, Kellogg Cancer Center/ Surgical
* Position: Nurse Navigator, Breast, Kellogg / Surgical/
* Location: Evanston Hospital
* Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time, Day (40hrs/wk)
* Hours: Hours will be scheduled Monday-Friday (8:30am -
* Required Travel: Travel to other sites will be required
What you will need:
* License: Current professional Nursing Licensure in the state of
* Education: Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor's degree in
Nursing from an NLN accredited school of nursing required;
Certification preferred in clinical specialty area
* Certification: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (AHA),
* Experience: 3 years previous oncology nursing experience
required, or previous navigator experience in a specialty area.
Prior leadership experience preferred. 3 years of nurse navigator
* Skills: Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
collaboration skills; proficiency in problem solving; ability to
manage time efficiently and prioritize
What you will do:
* Daily coordination between multiple departments and
multi-disciplinary team to gain knowledge of newly diagnosed
* Liaison for patients between NorthShore and other healthcare
providers in the community.
* Facilitate patient interactions and referrals (i.e., dietician,
wigs, dental) across the continuum of care including initial
appointments as appropriate.
* Manage telephone inquires from patients, particularly during high
* Work closely with the patient financial advocate to identify
patients who need initial assistance with financial issues
including insurance pre-certification and referral to appropriate
* Establish relationship with patients and family to provide
additional support throughout the initial diagnostic period and as
needed during the cancer experience.
* Develop database for patient resources and share with patient and
family as appropriate.
* Coordinate outreach activities for tumor site for which they
specialize and active participation and leadership in site specific
NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health is a fully integrated
healthcare delivery system committed to providing access to
quality, vibrant, community-connected care, serving an area of more
than 4.2 million residents across six northeast Illinois counties.
Our more than 25,000 team members and more than 6,000 physicians
aim to deliver transformative patient experiences and expert care
close to home across more than 300 ambulatory locations and eight
acute care hospitals - Edward (Naperville), Elmhurst, Evanston,
Glenbrook (Glenview), Highland Park, Northwest Community (Arlington
Heights) Skokie and Swedish (Chicago) - all recognized as Magnet
hospitals for nursing excellence. Located in Naperville, Linden
Oaks Behavioral Health, provides for the mental health needs of
area residents. For more information, visit NorthShore.org,
SwedishCovenant.org, NCH.org and EEHealth.org.
When you work for NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health, you will be
part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve
career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better
understand how NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health delivers on its
mission to "help everyone in our communities be their best".
NorthShore - Edward-Elmhurst Health is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with
disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the core of who we are; being
there for our patients and each other with compassion, respect and
empathy. We believe that our strength resides in our differences
and in connecting our best to provide community-connected
healthcare for all.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender
Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal
Keywords: Evanston Hospital, Evanston , Nurse Navigator, Breast, Kellogg Cancer Center/ Surgical Oncology - Nurse Navigator, Healthcare , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!