Chef / Cook
Company: Alden Estates of Evanston
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Alden Estates of Evanston - JOB SUMMARY
- To prepare and serve food in accordance with current federal,
state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and
facility policies. Supervises food production and presentation.
- One (1) year dietary experience in a hospital, skilled nursing
facility, or related medical facility preferred (but not
- Must be knowledgeable of dietary procedures.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled,
emotionally upset, and at times hostile people.
- May be required to lift, push, pull, and move equipment,
supplies, etc., in excess of fifty (50) pounds throughout the
- Must be able to taste and smell food to determine quality and
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc. including exposure to HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis B
- Complies with established departmental policy & procedure and
- Review menu extensions prior to preparation of foods.
- Suggest menu changes to assist Corporate Dietitian in
development of menus.
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus, including
- Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control
- Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes.
- Assure resident meal trays are correct.
- Uses and teaches proper food handling techniques.
- Complete daily and scheduled cleaning.
- Dates, labels, & stores food properly.
- Assists in receiving and storing incoming food, supplies,
- Makes menu substitutions as necessary and records these on
- Meets time schedule for meals and snacks.
- Reports all accidents/incidents to supervisor
- Reports all hazardous conditions to supervisor
- Recommend to Supervisor the equipment and supply
- Attends staff meetings, in-services etc. as scheduled.
- Supervises the Dietary Department in absence of
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Estates of Evanston, Evanston , Chef / Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!