Human Resources Generalist
Company: Childcare Network of Evanston
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Human Resources GeneralistPart-time (8 hours per
week)Non-ExemptReports to Fiscal OfficerSummaryThe Human Resources
Generalist is responsible for providing a wide range of human
resources supportand advice. This role has broad knowledge of all
facets of human resources and serves as the point ofcontact for all
CNE staff regarding recruitment and onboarding, performance
management, employeerelations, and human resources best practices.
This position also manages the onboarding and exitingprocesses,
relationships with the organization's benefits providers, and
oversees the annual benefits openenrollment process.Essential Job
DutiesRecruitment and Onboarding
- Manages the full-cycle recruitment process for open positions,
including posting jobs, sourcing,prescreening resumes, scheduling
and conducting interviews, extending offers, and runningbackground
checks, as needed.
- Documents and facilitates the onboarding and exiting process
for employees.Employee Relations
- Oversees and manages employee relations issues, working within
- Assists with employee counseling, discipline, and conflict
resolution handling, as needed.
- Maintains confidential employment data and health records for
- Assists with HR transactional activities and development of
internal business processes.
- Prepares offer letters, termination letters, and other official
personnel correspondence, as needed.Training and Technical
- Prepares and facilitates training on topics within the scope of
this position, as needed.Leadership
- Presents the mission, vision, and values of CNE in all aspects
of job responsibilities.
- Embraces change and proactively looks for areas of improvement
within the scope of this positionto improve effectiveness and
efficiency of processes.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of trends, best practices,
regulatory changes, and newtechnologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.Professional Development/Meetings
- Participates in regular supervision meetings and other agency
meetings, as needed.
- Seeks professional development opportunities that advance
knowledge in functional areas ofresponsibility.Other job-related
duties, as assigned.Updated October 2, 2020Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related
field and at least three (3) yearsof experience in HR, preferably
in a non-profit setting. PHR or SHRM-CP, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of hiring and performance management
- Understanding of HR best practices and current
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage time, office space, and tasks effectively,
and to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to process, protect, and exercise complete discretion
in handling confidential and sensitiveinformation and materials in
a professional manner is critical.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrates respect and acceptance of diverse individuals and
communities served by, workingin partnership with or employed by
Childcare Network of Evanston but not limited to race,gender,
ethnicity, social-economic status, and LGBTQ populations.Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrates timely follow-through and ability to work
independently at a fast and efficient pace,exercising independent
judgement to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and produce
- Ability to articulate in both verbal and written communications
in a manner that consistentlydemonstrates respect, concern, and
- Ability to remain flexible and effective, and adapt quickly to
changing needs and priorities.
- Ability to develop positive relationships and trust by
demonstrating respect, empathy, dedication,positive attitude, and
cultural sensitivity to others.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, interdisciplinary
environment and with a diverse population.Working Conditions
- General office conditions. Exposed to moderate noise
- Must be able to use repetitive wrist, hand, and finger
movements to type regularly.
- Ability to lift, move, carry, and bend is required.Direct
ReportsN/AUpdated October 2, 2020
Keywords: Childcare Network of Evanston, Evanston , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!