User Support Specialist Associate
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: February 15, 2021
This role responds to users to resolve problems associated with
the organizational area's applications and services. Diagnoses
problem source through analysis, testing and discussions with
users. Coordinates with programmers, developers, analysts, and
project managers to resolve problems. Follows up with users to
ensure problem resolution and develops supporting documentation of
all activities.Specific Responsibilities: Performance
- Coordinates with internal and external technical support
personal to resolve internal reported issues.
- Follows up to ensure problem resolution and develops supporting
documentation of all activities.
- Provides training to both individuals and groups on the use of
technology and applications deployed across the libraries.
- Responsible for providing support for Library active learning
classrooms and group study spaces as well as Maker-lab.
- Supports and maintains 3D printers and scanners and provides
support for 3D modeling software.
- Handles and implements new technologies throughout the library;
maintains Creston equipment and wireless displays.
- Diagnose technical issues through your analysis, testing and
discussions with users and peers. Development
- Provides daily triage for the video production studio and
Maker-lab ensuring space and technology are functioning.
- Recommends and implements corrective solutions after performing
onsite analysis and diagnosis for complex desktop problems
- Offers printer support for printing including deploying of
printers, updates, print drivers and coordinating repair work with
- Builds, maintains, configures, tests and deploys images for
end-user workstations, and related hardware and software.
- Maintains and handles shared laptops by updating software,
patching and imaging new devices.
- Supports desktop computing environments running Windows and Mac
OS X including installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and
upgrading workstations, to ensure optimal workstation performance
- Recommends application changes to address frequent support
issues encountered by users
- Develops documentation for support activities and problem
resolutions concentrating on public technologies and services.
- Communicates with Library staff concerning changes to public
and staff computers to better educate and support technology.
- Partners with colleagues to review and resolve problems and
issues associated with organizational area's applications and
- Delivers solutions to technology problems, questions and
inquiries encountered by clients according to established
- Recommend changes to applications to address frequent support
issues encountered while assisting users.
- Meets with users to gain knowledge of issues and business
requirements in order to resolve issues.
- Builds basic project plans for assigned work showing tasks,
sequence of work and people resources. Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 2-year course of study in an
accredited college or university leading to an associate's or
higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and
- No experience required. Minimum Competencies: (Skills,
knowledge, and abilities.)
- Communication: You will need good communication skills with a
welcoming attitude, balancing listening and talking for this work.
Writes precise, well-organized emails and proposals as well as
provide clear and manageable instructions.
- Organization: Ability to Plan, organize and schedule your work
in an efficient, productive manner. Demonstrates an aptitude to
work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Efficiency: Handles your time well by planning work ahead while
paying attention to details and anticipating contingencies. Targets
projects or initiatives that require special attention and focuses
on key tasks when faced with limited time or resources.
- Collegiality: Have a positive/upbeat attitude/personality to
help fellow team members succeed while building strong working
relationships in a positive work environment.
- Problem Solving/Analysis:
- Ability to break down problems to discover the underlying issue
and document the resolutions.
- Can simplify and process complex issues and understands the
difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Ability to Learn: A strong goal to develop and grow in
knowledge and experience while learning new programs and
technologies. Preferred Qualifications:
- 1-2 years' experience in technical support, or user service, in
an information technology environment or other relevant experience
- Experience as both an end-user and administrator in service
areas such as user support, desktop support, help desk management,
and documentation or other relevant experience required.
- Basic knowledge and experience supporting computer desktop
Operating Systems such as Windows (Windows Vista/Win7/Win2010) and
Mac OS X.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an
accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher
- Experience with 3D printing and scanning and modeling
- Experience with Crestron Technologies EEO Employer Apex Systems
is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical
conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered
domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a
crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation,
union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in
a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you
have visited our website in search of information on employment
opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation in using our website for a search or application,
please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by
Keywords: Apex Systems, Evanston , User Support Specialist Associate, Other , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!