AVP, Corporate Communications
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Job Description - AVP, Corporate Communications (75281) Job
Description AVP, Corporate Communications - ( 75281 ) The Company
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is an integrated
healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching
Hospital in the U.S. The NorthShore system, headquartered in
Evanston, Illinois, includes five hospitals - Evanston, Glenbrook,
Highland Park, Skokie and Swedish. NorthShore also includes a 900
physician multispecialty group practice, NorthShore Medical Group,
with 130 locations in the Chicagoland area, and 10,500 employees
generating $2.1 billion in net patient revenue. NorthShore is a
Magnet-recognized organization, the first in Illinois to receive
this prestigious honor as an entire system that demonstrates
excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care.
NorthShore also is a national leader in the implementation of
innovative technologies, including an Electronic Medical Record
(EMR) system. In 2003, NorthShore was among the first in the
country to successfully implement a system wide EMR with
demonstrable benefits in quality, safety, efficiency and service to
patients. NorthShore has been recognized by multiple national
organizations for this notable achievement. As the principal
teaching affiliate for the University of Chicago Pritzker School of
Medicine, NorthShore is dedicated to excellence in medical
education and research. NorthShore's health system includes
significant capabilities in a wide spectrum of leading clinical
programs, including Kellogg Cancer Center, NorthShore Neurological
Institute, NorthShore Orthopedic Institute, NorthShore
Cardiovascular Institute, Neaman Center for Personalized Medicine
and High-Risk Maternity. NorthShore Research Institute focuses on
clinical and translational research, including leadership in
clinical trials and medical informatics. NorthShore Foundation is
the primary philanthropic entity of NorthShore. The Foundation
raises charitable contributions and engages volunteers committed to
friends in support of NorthShore's ongoing mission "to preserve and
improve human life." The Position The Assistant Vice President,
Corporate Communications position manages a team charged with
managing the brand's thought leadership narrative and promoting it
through internal and external channels while influencing a broad
range of stakeholders throughout the organization. This position is
responsible for the strategy and synergistic execution of internal
and external communications and functions including employee
communications and public relations. This is a full-time, benefit
eligible position, and is located in Evanston. Travel to other
NorthShore sites may be required. Responsibilities
- Direct and implement a broad communications strategy that is
aligned with key marketing initiatives and strategic business
priorities. Lead internal and external communications strategies
and execution in alignment and collaboration with Marketing teams
and other business areas to ensure all initiatives are consistent
with overall related brand messages.
- Oversee company news, product announcements, crisis
communications, and partnership communications. Mitigate risk by
anticipating issues and executing on preventative messaging to
media and community boards as necessary.
- Articulate and build the company's thought leadership platform,
defining the issues and topics that create opportunities for
engagement and story creation. Take a proactive role in issues
management, driving story ideas, and creating informative,
persuasive and concise multi-channel communications.
- Develop and engage key industry and consumer press on active
and anticipated issues.
- Manage relationships with outside agencies.
- Lead community outreach communications and collaborate on
- Perform all responsibilities with consideration of time
sensitivity and confidentiality, using extreme discretion.
- Ensure programs are achieving measurable goals. Develop
internal reporting processes and track key deliverables, coverage
goals, and KPIs. Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in employee communications, public
relations and/or journalism. Deep knowledge multi-channel social
media content strategies.
- Bachelor's, Master's degree or equivalent degree in
communications, journalism or related field. Health care
communications expertise a plus.
- Ideal candidate is a highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated
person who thrives in a dynamic and passionate work environment;
demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style responding quickly
and efficiently under tight deadlines; and has exceptional written
and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Proven results designing and executing internal and external
communications plans and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior business leaders and
help drive their business objectives in a fast paced corporate
- Leadership skills that inspire the communications team as well
as the broader company.
- Strong cross-functional partnership to drive collaboration with
the marketing, human resources, clinical and health care services
- Talent for creative idea generation, a strong sense of what
makes a good story and the ability to craft compelling narratives
across multiple channels.
- Experience delivering results with outstanding verbal, written
and storytelling skills.
- Experience and track record developing and managing internal
communications function and alignment with internal cultural and
brand initiatives and strategies.
- Proven expertise in media relations including print, broadcast
and online outlets. Well-established media contacts and
relationships. Strong understanding of the current media landscape
and a proven track record of media placement.
- Experience and track record shaping proactive reputation
management programs and managing media relations programs.
- Solid time management skills with a proven ability to manage
and meet deadlines.
- Strong curiosity, analytical and problem-solving skills - with
the ability to prioritize tasks and measure results.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, evolving environment
and supervise a broad team. --EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual
Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National
Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.--
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Evanston , AVP, Corporate Communications, Other , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!