Second Life Mac, a Skokie-based Apple device
buyback company for schools and businesses, is in hyper-growth mode
and in need of the right talent to help bring us to the next level.
The right candidate is ready to take the next step in their career
and be a part of something AMAZING!
$250 Hiring Bonus after 60 days of successful
Our Core Values: Do whatever it takes. Have
positive energy. Take action.
The Right Candidate: The right candidate fits
our core values before anything! Our core values aren’t simply put
on a piece of paper; our company thrives, hires, and promotes based
on them. Our Core Values may have different meanings to each
person, but they all resonate the same characteristics and morals
of the type of person we choose to have on our team. We are an
extremely close team, and the fit is critical to us. You must be
someone who is able to communicate respectfully at all levels,
think outside of the box, drive positivity and thrive in a rapid
growth environment by doing whatever it takes to get the job
About the Receiving / Intake position: This
position is responsible for the receipt and issuance of inventory
for processing. This employee ensures the accuracy of orders and
positions material in the appropriate locations.
Essential Duties and
• Off-load material/supplies
• Inspecting contents to ensure accuracy of the order
• Determine if delivered material complies with purchase
• Enter receipt using company’s inventory control system
• Position material/supplies to appropriate location within the
warehouse in a timely manner
• Operate company forklift truck, pallet jack, hand truck, etc.
• Keeping work area neat and organized
• Other duties as assigned
• Behavior – Maintains a positive working relationship with
• Diversity/Ethics – Treats all people with respect.
• Verbal/Written Communication – Strong interpersonal
communication skills essential
• Teamwork – Contributes to a positive team environment.
• Accuracy – Excellent attention to detail and ability to thrive
in fast paced environment.
• Attendance/Dependability – Consistently at work on time,
producing quality work.
• Previous experience in a similar role is preferred but not
•High School Diploma or equivalent.
•Requires the ability to verbally communicate, read and write in
Work environment: The daily work
environment is within an enclosed Production Center or Warehouse.
The center is not climate controlled, so you may be working in the
heat or cold. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is occasionally exposed to moving parts and forklifts. Must be able
to tolerate exposure to typical noises and smells associated with
the position and within a warehouse-like setting. The passage of
employees through the work area is average and normal.
Physical Demands: The physical demands
described here are representative of those requirements employees
must meet to perform the essential functions of this job with or
without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to
feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with
hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb,
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and walk. The employee must
be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust