Stage Coordinator / USA: Evanston, IL
Company: Rotary International
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Job Title: Stage CoordinatorArea: Stage Team, Meetings and
EventsReports to: Stage Production ManagerClassification:
Non-exemptLocation: Evanston, IL(Currently all Rotary WHQ employees
are working remotely but will return to office on a hybrid model -
must be willing to relocate to or currently live in Chicagoland
area.)Organization OverviewRotary is a membership organization that
unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to
deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our
communities and the world. Each year, Rotary members expand their
networks, build lasting relationships, and invest more than $300
million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create
positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and
dedication in support of Rotary's clubs, members and other
participants, and their humanitarian service projects, our
employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules,
comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit
http://www.rotary.org.Rotary's Commitment to DiversityAs a global
network that strives to build a world where people unite and take
action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and
celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds,
regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities,
religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation,
and gender identity.OverviewThis position supports the Stage
Production Team, which is responsible for the planning and
execution of the general session programs at the assemblies,
conventions, and other meetings of the organization. The attendance
at these meetings range between 1,500-45,000 registrants. This
position will have the opportunity to interface with speakers and
entertainers. You will provide administrative support to the Stage
Production Team and assist in the pre-planning and implementation
of these general session programs. Your contribution will serve to
help provide a positive experience for our attendees.Prior
ExperienceAt least three years administrative experience required,
including preparation of correspondence and reports. Experience
working in an international organization or in corporate theater is
strongly preferred. Excellent customer service skills
required.Knowledge, Skills, and EducationRequired
- Minimum three years related job experience
- High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for
communication with a variety of constituents
- Ability to work efficiently with detail under time
- Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively work with
internal and external contacts
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced
- Ability to effectively prioritize and work independently and as
a team member
- Willingness to assume responsibility and follow-through.
- Strong multi-cultural sensitivity is essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to travel to support RI meetings and eventsPreferred
- Fluency in a foreign language or cross-cultural experience
- Bachelor's degree in Performing ArtsYou Will Be Responsible
- Assists in the pre-planning and implementation of meeting
programs, stage production activities for meetings and events,
including the International Convention, Council on Legislation, and
- Provides in office and on-site administrative support as a
member of the stage team to the Stage Production Manager and other
staff as needed.
- Maintains and updates historical data related to speakers and
entertainers at the assembly and convention.
- Works with the Stage Production Specialist on maintaining RI's
stage flag set inventory including: cleaning, organizing, storing,
packing, and shipping the flags, flag harnesses, and flags stands
for the assembly and convention.
- Assists with the development of the rehearsal schedules for the
assembly and convention.
- Assists with the development of the stage scripts for the
assembly and convention.
- Orders and maintains department's supplies and RI general
information for RI speakers and general session props (flowers,
banners, plaques, certificates, etc.).
- Creates and monitors organizational tools in order to track
details and assist in the timely implementation of programs.
- Maintains the stage production email inbox for the stage team.
Delivers incoming and outgoing mail for department. Handles routine
correspondence and phone calls.
- Maintains and updates all departmental files on sdrive,
teamsites and sharepoint.
- Serves as Stage Records Coordinator by acting as liaison to the
Records staff, providing them with copies of event publications,
scripts, and speaker/artist agreements and waivers
- Works with Contract Administrator to develop and execute
agreements for speakers/artists.Speaker/Entertainment Support:
- Develops and coordinates the speaker invitation letters process
and tracking system.
- Correspondence with speakers and internal staff regarding
program specific event details and on-site logistics.
- Develops and maintains the general session speaker presentation
and the general session entertainment presentation for internal
staff, RI President and Rotary Senior Leaders.
- Coordinates speaker/entertainer headshots and bios for the RI
- Collaborates with President-appointed chair to plan and
implement an Interfaith Service at International Convention,
Council on Legislation, and International Assembly, when
- Works with the Stage Production Specialist on coordinating
speakers and entertainment logistical arrangements (airfare, hotel,
transfers, etc.) for the assembly and convention.
- Assists with securing entertainment for the assembly and
convention when needed.
- Assists speakers with their presentations during rehearsals to
help develop a strong presentation during the event.
- For virtual events only: works with the Stage Production
Specialist and compares the video content to the transcripts to
make sure they match word for word.Other work assigned by Stage
Production Manager.Physical RequirementsAble to sit for extended
periods of timeAble to stand for extended periods of timeAble to
walk for extended periods of timeAble to climb stairs for extended
periods of timeAble to travel* for extended periods of timeAble to
lift a minimum of 5 poundsAble to utilize standard office equipment
such as copy machine, phones, 2-way radio, fax machine, etc.
- Travel may include but not be limited to sitting in an
airplane, train, bus or other form of transportation in order to
get to a predetermined location.Leadership Attributes
- Engagement: Foster relationships by hearing, recognizing, and
- Communication: Be open to receiving ideas from diverse
viewpoints and able to communicate messages so that they are
- Collaboration: Builds partnerships and works jointly with
others to meet shared objectives.
- Accountability: Have a clear sense of ownership and take
personal responsibility for actions.
- Adaptability: Respond to changes willingly and recognize when
to adjust based on the situation.Why work for Rotary?
- Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
- Progressive 401k matching contributions
- Above market and generous paid time off package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for
- Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
- Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food
Keywords: Rotary International, Evanston , Stage Coordinator / USA: Evanston, IL, Other , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!