Children's Group Worker
Company: YWCA Evanston North Shore
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Description: As part of YWCA Evanston/North Shore's domestic
violence team, the Children's Group Worker provides daily group
activities and childcare for children of adults participating in
YWCA Evanston/North Shore services. The position is key in helping
to create and maintain a warm and welcoming space for program
participants of all ages. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND
RESPONSIBILITIESDirect Service (90%)
- Collaborates with the Children and Family Services Coordinator
to plan and implement daily group activities for children and youth
ages 1- 14 years.
- Provides childcare to the children and youth of adult
- Reports all observations of unusual behavior to the Children
and Family Services Coordinator and other relevant staff in a
- Assists with preparation and clean-up for youth and family
activities and maintains program spaces, equipment, and supplies in
a clean and orderly fashion, and replaces damaged toys as
- Assists in scheduling and providing oversight to the activities
of volunteers working with the children.
- Maintains the log of new children coming to the program and
provides welcoming gifts upon their arrival.
- Provides documentation of children's services in the online
case management system.
- Provides feedback and positive communication to parents about
their children's activities.
- Maintains childcare signup sheet. ADDITIONAL DUTIES (10%)
- Intermittently provides emergency backup to ensure adequate
coverage of the 24-hour crisis line and residential shelter as
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Pursues professional development.
- Understands and adheres to all of YWCA Evanston/North Shore
procedures and policies as well as YWCA Employee Handbook.
Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation: High school diploma
or GEDExperience and/or Training: At least one year of experience
working with children. Licenses/Certificates:
- Successful completion of the Illinois 40-Hour Domestic Violence
Training Certificate within 3 months of employment
- First Aid/CPR within 6 months of employment
- YWCA requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination to Human Resources unless
a request for a medical or religious accommodation is
grantedTechnology/Equipment: Beginner proficiency in Microsoft
Office SuitePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSEducation: Some college-level
coursework in child development, social work, counseling, or other
related fieldsExperience and/or Training:
- At least one year of experience working with children who have
- At least one year of experience assisting in planning
activities for children and communicating with parents.
- At least one year of experience submitting case management
- Illinois 40-Hour Domestic Violence Training Certificate
- First Aid/CPRLanguage: Fluent in SpanishTechnology/Equipment:
Beginner proficiency with online case management systemsPHYSICAL
AND MENTAL DEMANDSIntermittent (less than 15%), Occasional
(15-45%), Frequent (50-75%), and Continuous (over 75%).
- Occasional local travel required to work at other
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Tolerance of prolonged and continuous stationary periods at a
- Occasionally required to push, pull, lift and/or move up to 10
- Must be able to move about the facility
- Must be able to operate controls for computers and other
- Must be able to wash and clean equipment and supplies with
water, soap, or disinfectant productsThe mental and physical
requirements described here are representative of those that must
be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential
functions of this position.WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Employee may be required to share office space or work in a
cubicle in an open floor-plan office.
- Employee may be required to work from home for extended
- Employee may be required to work outside in the facility play
- Employee will occasionally have meetings or work in other
buildingsThe work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an individual encounters while performing
the essential functions of this position. Note: YWCA is committed
to pay range transparency. Candidates are offered compensation
based on how their qualifications meet those of the position.
Keywords: YWCA Evanston North Shore, Evanston , Children's Group Worker, Other , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!