Posted on: March 19, 2023
Area: IT Delivery
Reports to: Scrum Master
Location: Evanston, IL
This position is designated as Individual Hybrid with Set Frequency and expected to work from our World Headquarters office two - three days per week (determined by individual based on business requirements). Rotary is under the jurisdiction of Illinois employment laws; we require all employees to live within reasonable daily commuting distance to Evanston.
Rotary is a membership organization that unites people from all continents and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities and the world. Each year, Rotary members expand their networks, build lasting relationships, and invest more than $300 million and 16 million volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the world. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of Rotary's clubs, members and other participants, and their humanitarian service projects, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, comprehensive benefits, and job enrichment. To learn more, visit http://www.rotary.org.
Rotary's Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions of people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
This position reports into lead scrum master role within IT delivery team. They will perform as a Scrum Master and Business Analyst on various product/project teams. As a Scrum master, they will enforce the rules of Scrum, remove impediments, ensure delivery, and constantly improve standards of work. As a Business Analyst, when needed, they will gather requirements and convert them in user stories for development teams. They will work with a geographically distributed and diverse teams. The successful candidate will be a strong servant leader with knowledge of SDLC and product delivery.
Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree
* 5 or more years of work experience as a Business analyst/Scrum Master/Product Owner
* Software Development Lifecycle knowledge (SDLC)
* Agile development practices
* Scrum Ceremonies
* Requirements Gathering
* User Story writing, grooming and estimating
* Familiarity to work with offshore teams
* Technically savvy to be able to run SQL queries, test Restful services, test frontend technologies
* Cross functional coordination experience is a plus
* Ability to translate technical nuances to simple language for business users
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, JIRA and Confluence
Liaison and Communication
* Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments.
* Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
* Remove impediments within and among teams.
* Provide regular updates and feedback to product and project managers on the progress of IT efforts.
* Model and analyze current state business processes and identify opportunities for improvements
* Design future state business processes
* Hold clear and concise discussions with stakeholders, partners, and vendors to gather requirements
* Translates business requirements into groomed user stories
* Coordinates and consolidates accurate estimates for groomed user stories
Planning and Management
* Participate in product requirement discussions and identify technical dependencies
* Help product owner and scrum team understand the need for clear and concise product backlog items
* Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
Development and Delivery
* Organize and facilitate all the scrum ceremonies and any meetings to remove impediments
* Channel scrum team's focus on creating high-value increments that meet the Definition of Done
* Help identify feature dependencies and collaborate with other product teams for resolutions.
* Plan and run the Scrum of scrums to monitor the dependencies.
* Hold products teams accountable for their commitment and sprint outputs
* Ensure delivery of completed products following the established change control practices
* Directs user acceptance testing, as needed
* Assists product owners in the coordination of RFI/RFP efforts for technology vendors
* Assists product owners in consolidating RFP responses
* Supports coordination of technology vendor selection
Mentor and Coach
* Lead, train, and coach the team and organization in its scrum adoption
* Empower the team to self-organize and self-manage
* Coach the team on collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
* Collaboration: Build partnerships and work with others to meet shared objectives
* Communication: Be open to receiving ideas from diverse viewpoints and able to communicate messages so that they are universally understood
* Accountability: Have a clear sense of ownership and take personal responsibility for actions
* Adaptability: Respond to changes willingly and recognize when to adjust based on the situation
Why work for Rotary?
* Opportunity to apply expertise and leadership towards impacting lasting change.
* Generous medical, dental, and vision benefits package
* Progressive 401k matching contributions
* Above market and generous paid time off package
* Tuition reimbursement
* Professional development opportunities
* On-site cafeteria and coffee bar with special pricing for Rotary employees
* Flextime-several different work schedules to choose from
* Close to CTA, Metra, a variety of stores, and many food options
* Rotary does not provide VISA sponsorship or relocation assistance
Area: IT Delivery
Keywords: Rotary, Evanston , Scrum Master, Other , Evanston, Illinois
here to apply!