Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: UL LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2023
At UL, we know why we come to work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Accounts Payable -Specialist
at UL Research Institutes and UL Standards & Engagement based in
our Evanston, IL office.
The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist manages and processes all
payable transactions, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance
with UL Research Institutes (ULRI) and UL Standards & Engagement
(ULSE) policies and relevant regulations. The AP Specialist works
with vendors, internal departments, and other stakeholders to
ensure smooth payment processes and resolve any payment-related
What you'll learn & achieve:
As the Accounts Payable Specialist you will play a key role in the
rapid growth of UL -as you:
- Receive and review vendor invoices, ensuring accuracy and
completeness and verify invoice details such as prices, quantities,
and payment terms coding invoices to appropriate general ledger
accounts and cost centers.
- Obtain necessary approvals for invoice payments.
- Reconcile payment transactions with vendor statements to ensure
accuracy and monitor and manage outstanding payments resolving any
discrepancies or issues.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with vendors and
respond to vendor inquiries regarding invoice status, payment
details, and other payment-related matters resolving any billing
discrepancies or disputes in a timely and professional
- Review and process employee expense reports, ensuring
compliance with company policies and relevant expense guidelines.
Verify expense report details, including receipts, supporting
documentation, and adherence to spending limits. Reimburse
employees for approved expenses and record accurately in the
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all accounts
payable transactions to ensure proper filing and organization of
invoices, payment receipts, and other relevant
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing activities,
including account reconciliations and financial reporting.
- Adhere to all applicable accounting principles, regulations,
and company policies.
- Assist with internal and external audits, providing necessary
documentation and explanations and prepare periodic AP reports and
analysis, highlighting key metrics and trends.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What makes you a great fit:
While no one candidate will embody every quality, the successful
candidate will bring many of the following professional
competencies and personal attributes:
- Strong knowledge of accounts payable processes, principles, and
- Proficiency in financial software and systems (e.g., ERP
systems, accounting software).
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proficient in using spreadsheets and other relevant software
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and compliance
Experience and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree in
business administration, accounting or finance preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Accounts Payable
Specialist or similar role.
- Workday experience preferred.
What you'll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn't new.
Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has
been our business model for the last 128 years and is deeply
ingrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any -UL -employee what they love most about working
here, and you'll almost always hear, "the people." Going beyond
what is possible is the standard at -UL. We're able to deliver the
best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we
eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers' create.
We're inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how
people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles,
you will get international experience working with colleagues
around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted
development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very
own UL University that offers extensive training programs for
employees at all stages, including a technical training track for
- Total Rewards: All employees at -UL Research Institutes and UL
Standards & Engagementare eligible for bonus compensation. -We
offer comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
plans. a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible
pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement
saving fund after your first year of continuous employment.
Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible
working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off
including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
About UL Research Institutes and UL Standards & Engagement
UL Research Institutes and UL Standards & Engagement -are nonprofit
organizations dedicated to advancing safety science research
through the discovery and application of scientific knowledge. We
conduct rigorous independent research and analyze safety data,
convene experts worldwide to address risks, share knowledge through
safety education and public outreach initiatives, and develop
standards to guide safe commercialization of evolving technologies.
We foster communities of safety, from grassroots initiatives for
neighborhoods to summits of world leaders. Our organization employs
collaborative and scientific approaches with partners and
stakeholders to drive innovation and progress toward improving
safety, security, and sustainability, ultimately enhancing societal
Our wholly owned subsidiary, UL Solutions, advances our shared
public safety mission. We fund our work through grants, the
licensing of standards documents and the business activities of UL
Solutions, which conducts testing, verification and certification,
and provides training and advisory services, along with data-driven
reporting and decision-making tools for customers around the
To learn more, visit -https://ulse.org
Keywords: UL LLC, Evanston , Accounts Payable Specialist, Other , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!