Information Security Analyst Senior
Company: Northwestern University
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Job Summary: Completes procedures necessary to ensure the safety
of information assets and to protect systems from intentional or
inadvertent access, modification, disclosure or destruction.
Collaborates with users to understand their security needs,
provides assistance and implements practices and procedures as
required. Ensures that users understand and adhere to security
policy. Designs, develops, tests and deploys security for
applications or systems. Oversees and manages domain access
control. Ensures compliance with all security associated NU, state,
and federal rules and regulations. Works closely with NU,
individual school and/or department IT to ensure security measures
are implemented and communicated effectively. Specific
Responsibilities : Strategic Planning
- Participates in projects and assists in the execution of
project plans to help ensure compliance with security policy and
- Collaborates with users to understand their security needs and
provides assistance in remediation of security-related issues.
- Partners with users to review and assess security architecture
and recommends changes and enhancements to improve effectiveness
- Monitors and enforces security policy, practice and
- Creates training materials associated with security policy,
practice, and procedures and instructs junior staff and users.
- Gathers and organizes statistics as directed and for use by
- Administers all security aspects for users.
- Designs and maintains security items such as roles, permission
lists, query and report access, component interfaces, and batch
process groups. Performance
- Participates in or conducts investigations, including those
requiring the application of forensic practice.
- Prepares and executes security assessments, analysis and
- Assists in the resolution of audit findings through analysis,
problem determination and development of cost effective
- Provides assistance in the resolution of security incidents and
prepares activity, progress and management reports as
- Provides work direction and/or supervises staff such as team
members, subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
- Recommends staff hires/terminations.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
- Manages projects ensuring timelines and deliverables are met
and meet expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an
accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher
degree in a major such as computer science, information technology,
or related; OR appropriate combination of education and
- 4 years systems security or other relevant experience
- Please see information in tables below. Enterprise
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (SES)
- PeopleSoft HRMS (FASIS) Programming Languages and Frameworks:
- PL/SQL Analytical:
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Troubleshooting Project:
- Organizational skills
- Planning Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and
- PeopleSoft HCM Security Administration experience in PeopleSoft
HCM 8.9 or above
- Experience with Security Design, User Profile Setup, Role &
Permission List Setup, Process Security, Query Security, Row Level
Security, Portal Security, Security Migrations, Definition
Security, Dynamic Role Creation and Query Tree Security.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action
Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities,
individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to
apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United
Keywords: Northwestern University, Evanston , Information Security Analyst Senior, Professions , Evanston, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!